- High Traffic Formula
- Never Peel or Blister*
- Coat in any season*
WHERE TO USE
Areas - Exterior, Decking, Fences, Exterior timber, Timber Furniture
Substrates - Cypress Pine, Jarrah, Merbau, Spotted Gum, Treated Pine
Locations - Exterior
The instructions below offer general preparation guidelines for exterior timber.
Maintenance coat of Intergrain UltraDeck:
If your existing Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Stain coating is in good condition, clean the surface with Intergrain UltraPrep™ Timber Cleaner.
Treat timber with Intergrain UltraPrep Tannin & Oil Remover. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
New feature timber such as doors and windows:
Sand timber to a uniform, smooth surface. Ensure timber is dry and free from all dirt, dust, wax and oils. Note: Do not use steel wool on timber as severe staining will occur.
Grey and weathered with no previous coating:
Clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner. For severely weathered timber, sand back to a fresh surface, remove all sanding dust, then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Existing coating in poor condition:
Remove coating by using a combination of Intergrain UltraPrep Tannin & Oil Remover and power washing. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Paints, varnishes or coatings in varied condition:
Paints, varnishes or coatings that have deteriorated unevenly, remove all existing coating by using a coatings stripper or sanding back to bare timber. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Important: If mould is present or if timber is in a mould prone area, use Intergrain UltraPrep Mould Killer to remove surface mould effectively as the first step of preparing the timber for coating.
Methods: spray, Lambswool applicator, Quality brush
The instructions below offer general application guidelines for exterior timber.
1. Remove excess water from the surface and allow the timber to dry for at least 1 hour before coating. Stir Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Stain thoroughly before and during use with a flat blade stirrer.
2. It is recommended to test in a small area to ensure satisfaction with the colour and finish prior to staining the whole project, ensure to apply 2-3 coats for the best indication of final colour.
3. Apply Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Stain using the Intergrain DeckBrush (recommended), flat deck applicator, paint brush or spray (air assisted airless or airless). Do not use a roller. Apply at the coverage rate of 6-12m2/L. Do not overspread or apply thinly as insufficient film thickness will result in lap marks and compromise performance and durability. When coating large areas, work in sections, apply long strokes and use natural breaks in the boards as stopping points. If spraying, it is recommended to back brush to even out the finish and avoid spotting.
3. Allow to dry for at least 2 hours then apply a second coat. If necessary, sand lightly between coats to remove any raised grain.
4. A third coat will give extra protection and is required in harsh conditions such as full sun exposure, around pools and in humid areas or if the first coat was applied on damp or porous timber.
Important: All timber is required to be free from dust, mould and site contaminants prior to coating. Follow all relevant product label instructions when using Intergrain products. Keep freshly coated contacting surfaces such as doors and windows ajar for several days to prevent sticking.