- 4HR RECOAT
- 95% SUSTAINABLE INGREDIENTS
- WARM SOAPY WATER WASH UP
WHERE TO USE
Areas - Decking, Fences, Exterior timber, Timber Furniture
Substrates - Cypress Pine, Jarrah, Merbau, Spotted Gum, Treated Pine
Locations - Exterior
Maintenance coat of Intergrain Nature’s Timber Oil:
If your existing Intergrain Nature’s Timber Oil coating has lost its colour and is looking dull, clean the surface with Intergrain UltraPrep™ Timber Cleaner.
Treat timber with Intergrain UltraPrep Tannin & Oil Remover. Then clean with UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Grey and weathered with no previous coating:
Clean with UltraPrep Timber Cleaner. For severely weathered timber, sand back to a fresh surface, remove all sanding dust, then clean with UltraPrep Timber Cleaner
Existing coating in poor condition:
Remove coating by using a combination of UltraPrep Tannin & Oil Remover and power washing. Then clean with UltraPrep Timber Cleaner. Paints, varnishes or coatings in varied condition: Paints, varnishes or coatings that have deteriorated unevenly, remove all existing coating by using a coatings stripper or sanding back to bare timber. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Important: If mould is present or if timber is in a mould prone area, use Intergrain UltraPrep Mould Killer to remove surface mould effectively as the first step of preparing the timber for coating.
APPLICATION & MAINTENANCE
Methods: Intergrain DeckBrush (recommended), spray, lambswool applicator, quality brush
1. Stir thoroughly before and during use with a flat blade stirrer.
2. If project requires more than one can of Nature’s Timber Oil, mix all cans together in one large container to achieve colour uniformity.
3. Apply Nature’s Timber Oil using a brush, lambswool applicator, or spray.
4. When coating large areas, such as decking and weatherboards, coat no more than three boards at a time. Complete an entire length or continue until a natural break such as a window occurs.
5. Wait four hours to dry and apply a second coat. If necessary, sand lightly between coats to remove any raised grain.
6. Wait 30 minutes after the second coat is applied and wipe off excess surface oil. Ensure that excess is wiped before the coating gets tacky.
7. Do not apply to hot surfaces or those in direct sunlight, as doing so may result in difficult application, poor adhesion and blistering.
8. Do not apply in temperatures above 35°C or below 10°C or if rain or dew is expected within four hours of application.
Conduct a routine 12 monthly maintenance inspection.
When timber starts to show signs of dryness and loss of colour, clean timber with UltraPrep Timber Cleaner and apply one coat of Nature’s Timber Oil, wiping off the surface excess before it gets tacky.